Per Missy Stagers, Broker Owner of M.Stagers Realty Partners in San Antonio, There are a number of benefits of living in San Antonio, Texas. Located in the central southern part of the Lone Star State, the city of San Antonio is home to the world famous Alamo. It’s also the home of one of the most favorite local destinations, the River Walk. (River Walk is a collection of retail stores, restaurants, art galleries, and various vendors. It derives its name from the river, which it follows along for about a mile and a half. )
Benefits of Living in San Antonio
The advantages of living in San Antonio can’t be overstated. In fact, the town made it into the top twenty of Forbes’ magazine’s best places to live, taking the third spot, which is quite telling in and of itself. So, let’s take a look at the largest benefits of living in the wonderful city of San Antonio:
1. Very affordable housing. Here, the cost of housing is lower than it is in the bigger and nearly same sized cities in the state of Texas. It’s actually much lower than other big towns, not only in the Lone Star State, but other desirable cities in the southwest. Currently, the market is a quite active one, with many people relocating to San Antonio from other parts of Texas and from around the country.
2. Steady population growth. We just touched on the growing population and it’s worth repeating. With more people moving into the community, that means there’s more economic activity. Which in turn, creates opportunities for entrepreneurs. It also means more diverse property types for sale and rent.
3. An active, healthy job market. Texas is known as a business-friendly state and San Antonio is no exception to that fact. The job market in San Antonio is very strong. So, there are a number of opportunities available and waiting.
4. Plenty of local things to see and do. In San Antonio, there are several things to see and do. These include The Alamo, San Antonio River Walk, SeaWorld San Antonio, and the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park.
5. Low cost of living and no state income tax. Additionally, the cost of living is very affordable and quite low. Monthly costs are low here, like utilities, transportation, food, and healthcare. Also, there is no state income tax in Texas, which means residents of San Antonio keep more of what they work so hard to earn.
As you can see, San Antonio is a great place to live, work, and play.
More info on Benefits of Living in San Antonio
Benefits of Living in San Antonio - BingNews
‘The worst we’ve ever seen’: San Antonio hotels are struggling to find workers
ABH also provides insurance and health benefits for full-time employees ... high turnover,” Gonzalez said. “Cost of living, housing and low wages are a combustible mix.” On ExpressNews.com: San ...
As city leaders contemplate raising the minimum wage to $15, a conversation arises: Is that even enough?
Even if I could, I shouldn’t have to just to earn a decent living,” she said. Getting to $15 an hour The ... in major cities such as Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Boston and Los Angeles, it’s ...
Katy ISD enrolling students for new school year which begins Aug. 14
Children in Katy ISD living in households with an income at or below federally ... He has worked as a newspaper reporter in the Dallas area, El Paso, San Antonio and now in Houston with the Houston ...
Grocery chains make strides in sustainability
“Since Wegmans introduced reusable bags in 2007, the company has put an emphasis on educating customers of their benefits,” Wegmans said ... diversity and environmental affairs at San Antonio-based ...
Kwast salutes AETC team for "failing forward" in learning, innovation
Gen. Steven Kwast, commander of Air Education and Training Command, officially addresses the men and women of the First Command for the first time as their commander during a change of command ...
New apartment complex serves Colorado Springs' chronically homeless
And it was built specifically for people considered chronically homeless — meaning the most vulnerable people among us, those who’ve often spent years living ... in San Antonio and Phoenix ...
Where I Live: Brook Hollow
Since I was going to be working close to downtown, I rented a duplex in Monte Vista and swiftly became localized to the benefits ... and learning about living la vida San Antonio. ...
Report: San Antonio’s tech workforce small but growing
Quality of life and lower living expenses make San Antonio an attractive place to raise a family ... Times Union and worked on a project about Social Security disability benefits. She also worked as a ...
Lump-Sum Strategies: What to Do With That Extra Money
A native of San Antonio, he earned a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts ... researching and writing articles and answering member inquiries regarding military benefits, health care, survivor issues, ...
Research examines intermittent fasting's effects for multiple sclerosis
LOUIS - Nearly 1 million Americans are living with multiple sclerosis ... Thomas is participating in a study to measure the benefits of intermittent fasting. She eats non-starchy vegetables two days a ...
This writer’s job: Get young people to see poetry everywhere
The Palestinian-American Texan knows full well the benefits of opening yourself up to new ... with President Donald Trump’s stoking fear of immigrants in particular, living in a city like San Antonio ...
20 Best Places to Live on Only a Social Security Check
Even if you haven’t saved enough for retirement, you can still count on Social Security benefits in retirement ... of a million or more — Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and almost Austin ...