Best Destinations in San Antonio
Whether you choose to stay in a hotel away from downtown or at the heart of River Walk, there will be a lot of ways and reasons to go and visit the historical and breathtaking views in San Antonio. Most hotels in San Antonio offer great views that can be seen right from their windows or private balconies without you having to go out. But still, to experience the actual feel of the place, you have to see them closely and perhaps have photo sessions with your family or friends.
If you wish to stay in a hotel around River Walk, the Riverwalk Plaza Hotel, O’Brien Historic Hotel, Grand Hyatt San Antonio, Crown Plaza Hotel San Antonio, Best Western Sunset Suites-Riverwalk, and Hotel Valencia are good choices. The River Walk is a must-do in San Antonio. You can go to the RiverCentre Mall, choose from a wide range of shops and restaurants, or simply enjoy a leisurely ride on a rowboat along the green waters of the San Antonio River.
You can also find hotels near the Alamo, such as the Watermark Hotel and Spa, Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Menger Hotel, Emily Morgan Hotel, Holiday Inn Alamo, and Hotel Indigo San Antonio. They are close to the Alamo, one of the best historic destinations in San Antonio. The Alamo is a mission church built during the 18th century. It represents its nearly 300 years of history. Inside the Alamo are the Shrine, Long Barrack Museum, and the Gift Museum which features the Texas Revolution and History exhibit, and the beautiful Alamo Gardens.
Aside from the River Walk and the Alamo, you can also visit other hot spots in San Antonio. One of these breathtaking views is Mission San Jose, which is ranked as the number one of 170 attractions in San Antonio. Aside from a romantic church, Mission San Jose is a historical site that offers interesting information for anybody who wants to learn more about San Antonio.
If you still want to look back into history, then you might want to go to the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. There you can find peace and tranquility and the chance to experience a beautiful step back in time. The main activities that the park offers are hiking, biking, and walking through its scenic and historic walking area.
For parents who want to provide an adventurous vacation for their kids, then the SeaWorld Antonio would be a perfect destination. Truly a haven for animal lovers and kids alike, SeaWorld Antonio surely offers your family the best wildlife adventure you can have.
These tourist destinations are only a few of what you can see in San Antonio. The places are very accessible as there are many transportation options to choose from. Visiting these wonderful destinations would be a great experience that you’ll surely never forget.
Top 10 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio is found in Texas, USA where many attractions can be enjoyed by tourists or honeymooners. As many as its attractions, hotels are also available in San Antonio, where they are strategically located and accessible.
For many people, they would still prefer to stay in certain hotels where the service, amenities, and the rates are comfortable for them. In a recent survey, guests were asked to name the top 10 hotels in San Antonio based on the aforementioned qualifications. The top 10 hotels are:
- The Westin Riverwalk. Located directly on the River Walk, the hotel is a family favorite because of its convenient location and the Westin Kids Club. With Southwestern styled rooms, many rooms are designed with private balconies overlooking the historic River Walk.
- The Westin La Cantera Resort, San Antonio - It is located near Six Flags Fiesta Texas and 15 miles from downtown. The hotel is considered as a family-friendly resort because of its rolling hills and Arnold Palmer-designed course perfect for golfers.
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa – It is situated near The San Antonio Convention Center, El Mercado, and the Alamo. The hotel is known for its spa and complimentary Kundalini yoga and pilates classes.
- The St. Anthony. A Wyndham historic hotel built in 1909, the hotel’s vintage beauty is breathtaking where French Empire antiques also give additional drama to its overall appearance.
- The Omni La Mansión del Rio - Built in 1854, this is the oldest hotel in San Antonio. The Spanish and Mexican antiques found at the lobby welcomes the guests while the suites echo its Spanish history.
- The Menger Hotel. Built in 1859, the hotel has already welcomed numerous notable people in history and the present. The hotel has restored its Victorian looked guestrooms, but newer modern rooms are also available.
- Marriot Rivercenter. The separated two hotels are perfectly situated near the Alamo, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Market Square, and HemisFair Park.
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa. The 200-acre resort has a gorgeous setting for luxurious sight-seeing. It is designed with a stylish contemporary theme.
- The Fairmount. The hotel is a perfect destination for sight-seers because the River Walk and the Alamo are just a couple of blocks away. It also gained a record from to Guinness World Records as the heaviest structure ever moved.
- Emily Morgan Hotel. It is referred to as “The Yellow Rose of Texas” in the song by Emily Morgan. It was built in 1926 as the highest building west of the Mississippi River.
Getting Around San Antonio
If you want to spend your vacation in one of the best places on earth, you might want to try visiting San Antonio. There you can see a lot of beautiful tourist destinations and hotels that you and your family will surely enjoy. Historical architecture, fun activities, authentic culture, and joyful people are the things that you can find in San Antonio.
When planning to stay in San Antonio, you have the option to explore the outer suburbs or just simply stay downtown. If you choose to spend your vacation without getting far from downtown, you don’t have to rent a car.
From the airport, you’re more likely to get to the Alamo (downtown) by taking a cab. It is more advisable for two or more people to take a taxi because it only costs around $19 for all the people inside the taxi. But if you are a single traveler, you can take the SA Trans, which is only $12 one-way.
In San Antonio, you can find lots of hotels situated around the Alamo or just near River Walk. San Antonio hotels offer scenic views right from the comfort of your room as you can see the beautiful and historic places around San Antonio. The hotels in Alamo are Residence Inn San Antonio, Downtown/Alamo Plaza, Emily Morgan Hotel, Travelodge Alamo, Buckhorn Saloon & Museum, Holiday Inn Express Sea World, and more. Best Western Sunset Suites, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel, and Marriott Plaza San Antonio are just a few of the many hotels that you can find on River Walk.
From the hotel of your choice, you can easily go to other places and see famous attractions such as the Texas Hill Country. A downtown streetcar or a city bus can take you to other popular tourist spots such as Brackenridge Park/Zoo, SeaWorld, Market Square, the Missions, and more. If you wish to rent a car to go to places you wish to visit, expect some expensive parking fees.
Many hotels apply premium charges for valet parking and it could be hourly or daily, depending on the hotel. The parking fee may start at $8 per, day depending on the parking location. If you don’t like to spend too much, then you might consider staying in a hotel away from downtown. You will not only save from not paying a parking fee, you will also save money on the more affordable hotel rates.
Finding Affordable Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio is an ideal tourist destination visited by almost twenty million people every year. In this part of the United States, historical background attains utmost importance. Tourists who love traveling to historical places might find this region of the country a paradise.
Finding cheap San Antonio hotel accommodations is quite easy. There are numerous hotels in the city, especially in the downtown areas, that caters to every whim and budget of tourists. People who want to avoid the hustle and bustle of city life will find San Antonio the perfect place to be.
It is always a good idea to take a quick look at a few of the famous tourist attractions or places of interest before booking a room. Surely you will find a cheap hotel or accommodation to be your home away from home in close proximity to these destinations to save you time from long traveling between places.
Upon reaching San Antonio, Texas it is best to visit the tourist department to have all the details about the places to visit. They might even recommend you the best places to eat or mingle with the locals. Of course, do not forget to grab a map to help you navigate through the streets of San Antonio. It is possible to hire a tourist cab from the hotel to reach these alluring tourist destinations.
Few of the must-visit destinations are mentioned below:
1. Alamo Mission, the place where Battle of Alamo was fought
2. The Sea World San Antonio and the Six Flags Fiesta Texas
3. The fascinating Paseo del Rio and River Walk
4. The San Antonio Spurs of the NBA
5. The Mission Trail
If you are looking for a more homely ambience, you might want to try the cheap San Antonio hotels, inns, or bed-and-breakfasts. Staying in these places may save you the stress of expenses. You will enjoy a homely ambience at a budget-friendly rate. There are different hotels and the choice is yours. Selection of the San Antonio hotel largely depends upon your itinerary or tour plan. Advance booking will make it possible for you to enjoy a certain discount or give you outstanding deals from cheap San Antonio hotels.
Take note that the cheaper hotels are available near the King William Historic District. People who like to feel Victorian ambience might find this place heaven. Beside the reputed hotels, there are different types of Victorian homes in this area. San Antonio vacations are now gaining popularity as different tourist companies are offering package tours. The San Antonio hotels offer special discounts in case of bulk booking to all tour operators. Hotels in this region of San Antonio are popular to visitors because of its close proximity to shopping areas.
San Antonio River Walk hotels are also popular and highly sought after places for the tourists to stay in, especially those visiting from other regions of the United States. Each room in these hotels is specially decorated and spacious, with king-sized beds or two full beds. If you a high speed Internet connection, it is no problem. These hotels provide rooms with In-room data port facilities.